Taiwanonymous

August 08, 2005

Memo to geckos: Get out of my air conditioner

My air conditioner is not a safe home for geckos. Several weeks ago, I turned on the air conditioner and heard a clacking sound as it started up. I wondered what animal was getting the fan blade. After a few seconds, something rolled out and fell to the ground, where it squirmed. It was a gecko's tail. A few more seconds later, the gecko poked his head from the air conditioner vent and ran off behind the bookshelf, looking out of proportion without his tail. Two days ago, I again heard the fan blade hitting something. A gecko poked its head out, but then decided to go back in. So, I don't know if he is the same one as before. Yesterday, a baby gecko rolled out of the air conditioner and fell to the floor. Without a pause he scampered off. I guess he slipped. Geckos, come on! Go live in a tree or something. That's an action item.

The one good thing about these geckos is that they do not chirp. In central Taiwan, the geckos chirp, but not in northern Taiwan.

3 Comments:

  • Lol great narration, love how you talk to the geckos. :)

    -Adam (necroflux on chinese-forums)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2005 12:23 PM  

  • Hi, where in Taiwan do you live? I went to Taipei last year and I really loved it!!! So I love hearing people talk about Taiwan haha^^

    But we didn't have geckos there, though we once had a strange big insect in our living room...scary ~

    Greetz from Germany

    By Blogger Min Min, at March 30, 2006 6:23 AM  

  • I'm in Hsinchu now, but I'm not quite in the city. There are so many bugs around where I live and it's so humid that I feel like I live on the edge of a jungle. Glad you liked it!

    By Blogger Taiwanonymous, at April 02, 2006 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home