Taiwanonymous

August 01, 2005

Cast of “Seven Swords” in Taiwan

Director Tsui Hark (徐克) and the cast of his new movie Seven Swords (七劍) came to Taiwan last week. Tsui Hark will be on the talk show Kangxi Lai Le (康熙來了) tonight. I already saw most of the cast, with the exception of Leon Lai and Tsui Hark on an entertainment news show. This was the first time I have seen Donnie Yen (甄子丹) speak Mandarin, and I was impressed, because he grew up in America and has worked mostly in Hong Kong, so I didn't expect that he would speak Mandarin well. I think Yen is a great villain, but not likeable enough to be a hero. This time, Yen will be part of an ensemble cast, so there is hope that he can pull off the hero role. I am looking forward to seeing Seven Swords, but will probably wait until it is on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home