Taiwanonymous

November 25, 2005

Email of Resignation

Every few weeks I get an email from a coworker who has resigned. They usually state how long they have had their job and express how wonderful it has been. They usually give no clue as to what the sender will be doing in the future. That sounds perfectly normal, but the strange thing is that I have never heard of any of these people. They send these emails to dozens, maybe hundreds of people that they have never met. For your enjoyment, here are translations of the last couple such emails I have received.

Dear Superiors and Partners,

I've been at -- almost 2000 days now. Today my time here has come to an end, but that doesn't mean that our relationship is over. Thank you everyone for your help with work and life. I'm going to take a step in a new direction. I want to especially thank Manager Z's guidance and support. After arriving in the --- department, I've become much more sensitive, whether in work or in life. Becoming accustomed to demand high standards—isn't this an excellent work attitude?

[Contact information]

Keep in touch, take care

Note: Do not reply to this
email.
Becoming much more sensitive? Is this a veiled apology for being a nitpicker or being hard to please? Or is he proud of this?

Dear Superiors and Friends,
On 11/25 I'll be leaving this company. Although it has not yet been one year since I came to ---, it has been a great experience. I hope that we'll have a chance to work together in the future.
My contact information: ---

Take care


Wow. I can feel the love.

Update: Today I got another one. This writer cared enough to write in English. Here it is:
Dear Friends,
Today is my last day in ----. It is of great pleasure to cowork with you in the past four years and hope you all could get much progress in your work for now and future.Thanks again for your kindness and patience.
Best regards.

2 Comments:

  • That is interesting. Here is the email I got from a coworker that I don't know.
    親愛的長官及同仁們,大家好:
    本人將於今日離開光磊這個大家庭,
    非常感謝各位在九年又三個月的時光中,
    給予我的照顧及提攜;
    是道別的時刻了,
    祝光磊業務蒸蒸日上,
    也祝福大家順心如意。

    I felt wired about this email and didn't understand why she emailed some people that she didn't know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2005 1:09 PM  

  • That looks exactly like the ones I get. Nine years and three months. That's good to know. :)

    By Blogger Taiwanonymous, at November 25, 2005 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home